• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

God forgive my lusting today.......and yesterday.......and tomorrow

Adrift

For me, the sin of lust is enigmatic. Try not to visualize a monkey eating a hamburger. What is the first thing that you visualized? You couldn't help yourself. I have a similar issue when I see an extremely attractive female, only I'm not visualizing her eating a hamburger. I know that lusting is a sin and I try to control it by not doing a second take when I see a woman that is sexually appealing to me. I find it strange when I consider that I never lust to kill, to steal, to rob, to be mean or rude, to have other people's possessions, etc. I do believe that normal men who do not share these lust episodes are either liars, have a mental giddy-up in their sexual drive, or are truly Holy. I struggle to understand why it is a sin when it is a reaction programmed into me by God. I do chastize myself for doing it, but I don't consciously do it. Maybe "the Devil made me do it". I pray to God to give me the strength to avoid noticing, but it's just not working. Am I the only one adrift on this?

For me, the sin of lust is enigmatic. Try not to visualize a monkey eating a hamburger. What is the first thing that you visualized? You couldn't help yourself. I have a similar issue when I see an extremely attractive female, only I'm not visualizing her eating a hamburger. I know that lusting is a sin and I try to control it by not doing a second take when I see a woman that is sexually appealing to me. I find it strange when I consider that I never lust to kill, to steal, to rob, to be mean or rude, to have other people's possessions, etc. I do believe that normal men who do not share these lust episodes are either liars, have a mental giddy-up in their sexual drive, or are truly Holy. I struggle to understand why it is a sin when it is a reaction programmed into me by God. I do chastize myself for doing it, but I don't consciously do it. Maybe "the Devil made me do it". I pray to God to give me the strength to avoid noticing, but it's just not working. Am I the only one adrift on this?

The world isn't accustomed to such honesty. I'm not sure that it's even prepared for the conversation.

Oh-- what the heck. I don't think anyone can kick me off this Forum....

Put this one in the "sure to ruffle feathers" file.

1 Cor 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

If there is ONE temptation common to man-- you just highlighted it.

The world isn't accustomed to such honesty. I'm not sure that it's even prepared for the conversation.

Oh-- what the heck. I don't think anyone can kick me off this Forum....

Put this one in the "sure to ruffle feathers" file.

1 Cor 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

If there is ONE temptation common to man-- you just highlighted it.

If I get kicked off for uncomfortable honesty, then I was on the wrong forum anyway.

For me, the sin of lust is enigmatic.
One thing I realized is that all 7 Deadly sins are a prohibition against excess.
  1. Gluttony does not mean it is a sin to eat or feel hungry
  2. Greed does not prohibit getting what you deserve and profit from your labor.
  3. Sloth does not make the sabbath a sin or more generally rest regularly.
  4. Wrath does not mean we cannot get righteously angery.
  5. Envy does not mean we cannot have ambitions.
  6. Pride does not mean we cannot feel good about ourselves
  7. Lust does not mean we cannot have sexual desire.
In the first half of my life, I was more emotionally suppressed than in the second half. One pastor said we worship an emotional God and we should embrace our God-given emotions.

It is natural for us to look at the next person who walks into the room and size them up as it pertains to sustaining and perpetuating life. Are they a threat or one I can mate with? Lust is about excess, like all 7 Deadly Sins.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back