• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Genuine False Teaching

T

The_drake_

I see this accusation a lot round these parts when one disagrees with another, so I thought I'd give y'all a good example I saw recently of what actual false teaching/ "wolf among the flock" looks like.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elbLkFnb9M4

This is the kind of thing Paul is really talking about, not genuinely held beliefs by sincere people who have come to separate conclusions.

I see this accusation a lot round these parts when one disagrees with another, so I thought I'd give y'all a good example I saw recently of what actual false teaching/ "wolf among the flock" looks like.

This is the kind of thing Paul is really talking about, not genuinely held beliefs by sincere people who have come to separate conclusions.
I didn't watch the video yet, I will try to tomorrow.
I just want to say that all false teachings are bad, all of them. It doesn't matter how sincere a person thinks they are. There is only one truth and not more than one. God is Truth, and God's truth can be known.

I have God's Truth.

And? It doesn't mean I don't have the truth. I can prove my beliefs with scripture.
Well, I have my doubts, but so long as you're not claiming to re-incarnated John the Baptist, Elijah or an avatar of an Archangel that puts you above a good bit of the ones who used to claim it on these sorts of forums.

Here's something....

If you have "God's Truth" and you tell it to me and I simply don't believe it... does it matter? If what you have is ACTUALLY the truth, my disbelief doesn't change the truth at all does it? If it was true, it remains true whether I believe it or not.

That idea should make folks feel better when others won't believe them.

Now.... on the other hand if you SAY you have "God's Truth" -and in fact all you REALLY have is an idea you hold to be the truth.... if it ISN'T at all true in actuality.... You're 'saying' it is true means nothing. Even if you INSIST. Your insistence doesn't change what is NOT true, into truth. That idea should make folks less insistent when others don't believe them.

Here's something....

If you have "God's Truth" and you tell it to me and I simply don't believe it... does it matter? If what you have is ACTUALLY the truth, my disbelief doesn't change the truth at all does it? If it was true, it remains true whether I believe it or not.

That idea should make folks feel better when others won't believe them.

Now.... on the other hand if you SAY you have "God's Truth" -and in fact all you REALLY have is an idea you hold to be the truth.... if it ISN'T at all true in actuality.... You're 'saying' it is true means nothing. Even if you INSIST. Your insistence doesn't change what is NOT true, into truth. That idea should make folks less insistent when others don't believe them.

Absolutely. Our belief or disbelief has no impact on God's True whatsoever.

The Holy Scriptures, that some believe were inspired by God (of Abraham) Himself, prophesy of an end time when "MANY" SHALL "SAY" they are Christ's People (Come in Christ's Name, Call Jesus Lord, Lord, etc.) but are actually deceived. This doesn't mean there are folks who are purposely trying to promote false teaching. Jesus Himself, according to the Holy Scriptures, said there "WILL" be "MANY" deceivers who come in HIS name. But isn't a deceiver simply a person who is convinced, and then teaches others, things about God which are not true, according to Scriptures.

Eve held no malice towards Adam when she promoted a religious "work" to him, which transgressed God's Commandments. The creators of the Talmud didn't hand write these commandments for the purpose of deceiving people or turning them away from the One True God. They were simply deceived, which means they were convinced of things about God that are not true.

The members of the RCC truly believe they are teaching God's Truth. The Mormon's truly believe they teach the truth. So do the Baptist's, and SDA, and Pentecostals and Calvinist's and JW's and all the rest.

Jesus knew this would happen, and warned His People of this very thing. It is even written that satan deceives the whole world. And how would it do that? By coming in Christ's Name, or as Paul says, "disguising itself as an apostle of Christ". It has from the very beginning used God's Word to deceive. "Hath God not said"?

So given these Scriptural prophesies, how can we know what is Truth? How can we "Take Heed" we are not also deceived?

For me it is shutting out ALL the other voices in the garden God placed me in. Don't listen to any "MAN" teach about God. We have His Oracles in our own homes. HIS Prophets, HIS disciples, HIS Hand Picked teachers. Can God not reveal Himself to me through them, without me having to choose one of the literally hundreds of differing sects and religious franchises whose doctrines differ according to the religious philosopher they have chosen to follow?

Paul tell us this very thing?

2 Tim. 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Hard to believe given we are born into a world where religious tradition dictates we must pick from the smorgasbord of religious options in order to be accepted by God. And what would happen if these traditions are exposed? No more man made religious high days, impacting every business in the entire world. No more religious franchise opportunity. No more powerful religious political force to influence differing political ideologies.

No more religious social clubs and "wonderful works in Christ's Name". Instead, we would have personal relationships with the God who inspired HIS Word to teach us. A people who placed their trust in HIM and His Word, not the religious philosopher's of this world who all preach a different doctrine.

And isn't that what God's True church has always been?

Mal. 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Great points Mr. E. Great perspective.

Absolutely. Our belief or disbelief has no impact on God's True whatsoever.

The Holy Scriptures, that some believe were inspired by God (of Abraham) Himself, prophesy of an end time when "MANY" SHALL "SAY" they are Christ's People (Come in Christ's Name, Call Jesus Lord, Lord, etc.) but are actually deceived. This doesn't mean there are folks who are purposely trying to promote false teaching. Jesus Himself, according to the Holy Scriptures, said there "WILL" be "MANY" deceivers who come in HIS name. But isn't a deceiver simply a person who is convinced, and then teaches others, things about God which are not true, according to Scriptures.

Eve held no malice towards Adam when she promoted a religious "work" to him, which transgressed God's Commandments. The creators of the Talmud didn't hand write these commandments for the purpose of deceiving people or turning them away from the One True God. They were simply deceived, which means they were convinced of things about God that are not true.

The members of the RCC truly believe they are teaching God's Truth. The Mormon's truly believe they teach the truth. So do the Baptist's, and SDA, and Pentecostals and Calvinist's and JW's and all the rest.

Jesus knew this would happen, and warned His People of this very thing. It is even written that satan deceives the whole world. And how would it do that? By coming in Christ's Name, or as Paul says, "disguising itself as an apostle of Christ". It has from the very beginning used God's Word to deceive. "Hath God not said"?

So given these Scriptural prophesies, how can we know what is Truth? How can we "Take Heed" we are not also deceived?

For me it is shutting out ALL the other voices in the garden God placed me in. Don't listen to any "MAN" teach about God. We have His Oracles in our own homes. HIS Prophets, HIS disciples, HIS Hand Picked teachers. Can God not reveal Himself to me through them, without me having to choose one of the literally hundreds of differing sects and religious franchises whose doctrines differ according to the religious philosopher they have chosen to follow?

Paul tell us this very thing?

2 Tim. 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Hard to believe given we are born into a world where religious tradition dictates we must pick from the smorgasbord of religious options in order to be accepted by God. And what would happen if these traditions are exposed? No more man made religious high days, impacting every business in the entire world. No more religious franchise opportunity. No more powerful religious political force to influence differing political ideologies.

No more religious social clubs and "wonderful works in Christ's Name". Instead, we would have personal relationships with the God who inspired HIS Word to teach us. A people who placed their trust in HIM and His Word, not the religious philosopher's of this world who all preach a different doctrine.

And isn't that what God's True church has always been?

Mal. 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Great points Mr. E. Great perspective.

Yes that's it..... In almost every case where someone 'has come out' of some teaching, or tradition, or doctrine, dogma, cult, organization, denomination and so on... they were previously convinced that they had the truth before they 'came out' and then they were ever MORE convinced that they NOW had the real truth, AFTER they came out and abandoned their previous "truth" for their new "truth" never giving a moment's pause to consider that they may in fact simply be just as wrong and confused as they were before, but just in a new manner.

Yes that's it..... In almost every case where someone 'has come out' of some teaching, or tradition, or doctrine, dogma, cult, organization, denomination and so on... they were previously convinced that they had the truth before they 'came out' and then they were ever MORE convinced that they NOW had the real truth, AFTER they came out and abandoned their previous "truth" for their new "truth" never giving a moment's pause to consider that they may in fact simply be just as wrong and confused as they were before, but just in a new manner.

I agree. The RCC turned away from the Talmud and teaching of Gameliel to Constantine, and then the Reformation was simply moving from the RCC to following the teaching of another popular religious philosopher of this world, to another, and then another, and then another.

The Religious men of this world just hopped from Gameliel to Constantine to Luther, to Calvin, to Smith, to White, to Russell and on and on. Each time being completely convinced their new teachers were teaching God's Truth.

I know several Ellen White followers who are now followers of Calvin. When they were SDA, they believed they alone knew the secret's to the Kingdom of God. Then they were convinced to follow the teaching of Calvin, and seemed to have forgotten how "All In" they were for White, but now are "ALL IN" for Calvin.

The points you make are true but very uncomfortable. Reminds me of a scripture.

"Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

I agree. The RCC turned away from the Talmud and teaching of Gameliel to Constantine, and then the Reformation was simply moving from the RCC to following the teaching of another popular religious philosopher of this world, to another, and then another, and then another.

The Religious men of this world just hopped from Gameliel to Constantine to Luther, to Calvin, to Smith, to White, to Russell and on and on. Each time being completely convinced their new teachers were teaching God's Truth.

I know several Ellen White followers who are now followers of Calvin. When they were SDA, they believed they alone knew the secret's to the Kingdom of God. Then they were convinced to follow the teaching of Calvin, and seemed to have forgotten how "All In" they were for White, but now are "ALL IN" for Calvin.

The points you make are true but very uncomfortable. Reminds me of a scripture.

"Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

I specialize in uncomfortable. Thank you for your comments. You are always an encouragement to me.

Notice people follow the teachings of men, instead of letting Jesus be the Teacher.

Paul warned about saying you follow men.

1 Corinthians 1:11-12 My brothers, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:1 Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere men?

5What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. 9For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.

1 Corinthians 3:18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a “fool” so that he may become wise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness“; 20and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” 21So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours, 22whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, 23and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

1 Corinthians 4:6 Now brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.

The Catholics have their false Apostolic Succession; they claim they follow Peter, and that their popes are in that line from Peter.

Christians even call them "church fathers", and Jesus says plainly not to call them 'father', yet that is what they call Ignatius, Polycarp, Tertullian...

The Protestants are known for following after mere men, people say they follow Luther, Calvin, Wesleyans from John Wesley, and Ellen G. White, the Baptists claim to follow John the baptizer, etc.

Back