• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did the Israelites Build the Pyramids?

“The Bible does not explicitly state that the Israelites built pyramids; nor does it use the word pyramid in association with the Hebrews. We may surmise that the children of Israel worked on the pyramids, but that is all we can do.”

When I was very young much of my beliefs came from Hollywood. To this day, Charlton Heston in “The Ten Commandments” comes to my mind when thinking of the pyramids of Egypt, the centuries that Israel spent in Egypt and the exodus of Israel from Egypt.

Heston was a fine actor, one of my favorites, but it’s a mistake to get our theology from Hollywood dramatizations rather than directly from the Bible.

Over the years I’ve spoken with many who had very little knowledge about the Bible, having never read it, but thought they did, because of something they had seen portrayed in movies and / or television programs.

It’s difficult to get dramatizations out of the mind. Be careful about putting things into your mind which aren’t, or may not be, true.

Back