• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Christ speaking to Daniel about Michael.

C

CherubRam

Christ speaking to Daniel about Michael.
Daniel 10:5-6
5 I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. 6 His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.

Speaking of the last days.

Dan 10:14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

Dan12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up,…

So how do we know the person speaking to Daniel is Christ, it is because the book of Revelation tells us so?
Revelation 1:13-15
13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

Revelation 2:18
To the Church in Thyatira
“To the messenger of the church in Thyatira write: These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze.

Odd.
Revelation 1:13
13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.

The Greek text says his "breast" were bound. (girded) But the translators gave the interpretation "chest."

Although not impossible, just extremely unlikely. Perhaps someone thought it funny to replace the word "waist" with "breast."

What is your opinion?

Here is an example of the word "angel" being added to scriptures.
Deuteronomy 32:43
New International Version
43 Rejoice, you nations, with his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies and make atonement for his land and people.
Footnotes
Deuteronomy 32:43 Or Make his people rejoice, you nations
Deuteronomy 32:43 Masoretic Text; Dead Sea Scrolls (see also Septuagint) people, / and let all the angels worship him,
I do not see the words ( worship or angel / messenger) in this original DSS text.
Dead Sea Scroll Deut 32:43

Deut 32:43.
Rejoice heavens, with His people, and bow down to Him, all ( elohiym / gods of the Living One,) for He will avenge the blood of His sons. He will take vengeance on His adversaries, and those who hate Him, and will make atonement for His land and people.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are third century BC. This Dead Sea Scroll verse is directing the elohiym, (gods of The Living One) to worship Yahwah.

Here is an example of the word "angel" being added to scriptures.
Deuteronomy 32:43
New International Version
43 Rejoice, you nations, with his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants; he will take vengeance on his enemies and make atonement for his land and people.
Footnotes
Deuteronomy 32:43 Or Make his people rejoice, you nations
Deuteronomy 32:43 Masoretic Text; Dead Sea Scrolls (see also Septuagint) people, / and let all the angels worship him,
I do not see the words ( worship or angel / messenger) in this original DSS text.
Dead Sea Scroll Deut 32:43
Deut 32:43.
Rejoice heavens, with His people, and bow down to Him, all ( elohiym / gods of the Living One,) for He will avenge the blood of His sons. He will take vengeance on His adversaries, and those who hate Him, and will make atonement for His land and people.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are third century BC. This Dead Sea Scroll verse is directing the elohiym, (gods of The Living One) to worship Yahwah.
Congrats. You found a verse where "angel" may not be original. What about all the verses where it's legit?

Angels exist, CR. One day you'll meet them.

Congrats. You found a verse where "angel" may not be original. What about all the verses where it's legit?

Angels exist, CR. One day you'll meet them.
Absolutely every place in (The Old Testament) were it says "angel" is a mistranslation. That being so would mean that the term "angel" in (The New Testament) can not be correct.

The person speaking to Daniel in a vision is addressed by Daniel with the title “lord” (Heb. adoni) -> a title which occurs 195 times in the Old Testament / Hebrew Bible, and always used in reference to a superior human person or (occasionally) an angel.

Christ is a human person, not an angel.

It wasn’t a human person speaking to Daniel in the vision; it was an angel.

The person speaking to Daniel in a vision is addressed by Daniel with the title “lord” (Heb. adoni) -> a title which occurs 195 times in the Old Testament / Hebrew Bible, and always used in reference to a superior human person or (occasionally) an angel.

Christ is a human person, not an angel.

It wasn’t a human person speaking to Daniel in the vision; it was an angel.

Don't forget that CherubRam thinks himself to be the angel Michael. 😇

Don't forget that CherubRam thinks himself to be the angel Michael. 😇

I don’t know if he still does or not but I remember there was a time when he said that he was.

If he returns to WHT, I’ll ask him if that’s what he still believes about himself.

Back