• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

..... "and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" John 1:1

R

robert pate

The "Word" was Jesus Christ. John is blatantly saying that Jesus is God, When Jesus said, "Verily. verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am, John 8:58. Or when he said to Philip, "He that has seen me has seen the Father" John 14:9. I think that cinched it for John. It cinched it for me. If Jesus is not God, then who is he? Some will say he was a prophet; others will say, he was just a good man. The Bible says that Jesus was God, 1 John 5:7. I believe the Bible. Many are not able to receive this truth, which is a concern. When a professing Christian cannot receive the truth of the scriptures a red flag goes up in my mind.

Jesus said that his words are Spirit and life, John 6:63. I can understand it that the lost cannot hear the words of Jesus, because they are spiritually dead. But when a professing Christian cannot hear or receive the words of Jesus then it is a concern. The Bible was written by men that were indwelt with the Holy Spirit. The apostle John was one of them. When John said, "..."and the word was with God, and the word was God" John 1:1. It was God inspired, it was the same as when Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I am" John 8:58. is a clear declaration that Jesus is God.

The Christian is given the Holy Spirit so that he can know the things of God. To profess that Jesus is not God is not of the Holy Spirit, simply because the Bible says that he is. The reason that the Pharisees wanted to get rid of Jesus is because he made himself to be equal with God, more than once they took up stones to stone him. They rejected Jesus as their Messiah because he didn't fit into their religion. How can professing Christians reject the fact that Jesus is God? Can it be that Jesus being God does not fit into their religious doctrine? What do you think?

And the God it was... A word another it was in the beginning with a God. και θεος ην ο λογος ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος.

The "Word" was Jesus Christ. John is blatantly saying that Jesus is God, When Jesus said, "Verily. verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am, John 8:58. Or when he said to Philip, "He that has seen me has seen the Father" John 14:9. I think that cinched it for John. It cinched it for me. If Jesus is not God, then who is he? Some will say he was a prophet; others will say, he was just a good man. The Bible says that Jesus was God, 1 John 5:7. I believe the Bible. Many are not able to receive this truth, which is a concern. When a professing Christian cannot receive the truth of the scriptures a red flag goes up in my mind.

Remeber Jesus is the chief apostle sent by the father as a prophet declaring the will of nather .The words he spoke came as the father put them on his lips just like jerminah in the opening of that book . The Lord not seen replied as it is written "Verily. verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am

According to my understanding or paraphrase . . John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (let there be) and the Word was with God, (the testimony It was good) and the Word was God.(revealed by the flesh of the Son of man the prophet .

Remeber Jesus is the chief apostle sent by the father as a prophet declaring the will of nather .The words he spoke came as the father put them on his lips just like jerminah in the opening of that book . The Lord not seen replied as it is written "Verily. verily I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am

According to my understanding or paraphrase . . John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (let there be) and the Word was with God, (the testimony It was good) and the Word was God.(revealed by the flesh of the Son of man the prophet .

Jesus was not the Fathers puppet and was more than a prophet. No prophet was ever resurrected and ascended back into heaven, nor did any prophet ever say, "I am not of this world" John 17:16.

Jesus was not the Fathers puppet and was more than a prophet. No prophet was ever resurrected and ascended back into heaven, nor did any prophet ever say, "I am not of this world" John 17:16.

Jesus the prophet sent by the father was given words from the father did . He certainly was not speaking of his own corupoted dying flesh and blood of this world .( clay water and dust)

I did not say puppet. Jesus the Son of man was given a desire to do the will of the father that worked in him both to reveal the will and empower Jesus to do it did it with delight. Jonah murmured and kicked against the pricks all the way and wanted to die knowing God would have mercy and grace on them just as he did on Jonah

Philipian2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

God is not a man The idea that he could be describes "an abomination of desolation"

God remains a invisible Spirit that has no beginning or end. Eternal God .

Corrupted dying flesh and blood could enter the new order.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It’s not the flesh of the Son of man that was resurrected but the dying spirit under the law.

Jesus the chief apostle/ prophet said of his own flesh. . it profits for zero nothing .Mankind as disciples that were trusting in his temporal dying flesh walked away faith less No faith that could please God, as it is written

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 6: 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

They desired a fleshly God like all the pagan kingdoms of this world .

Jesus is the prophet that all the prophets spoke of is the same prophet that fulfilled the ceremonial shadows pointing to His suffering beforehand and the glory that followed (the veil was rent ) No Jewish King (abomination of desolation) sitting in the holy of holies

A person cannot separate an apostle from a prophet it’s all one thing .

It’s what prophets sent by God do. Prophecy declare the will of God. Jesus the prophet prophesied “Not my will but you the one who sends apostles .How beautiful are their feet.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Acts 3: 22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, (Jesus) like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

Whatsoever he shall say unto you.(the words the father puts on the son of Man Jesus' lips ).

Jesus the prophet sent by the father was given words from the father did . He certainly was not speaking of his own corupoted dying flesh and blood of this world .( clay water and dust)

I did not say puppet. Jesus the Son of man was given a desire to do the will of the father that worked in him both to reveal the will and empower Jesus to do it did it with delight. Jonah murmured and kicked against the pricks all the way and wanted to die knowing God would have mercy and grace on them just as he did on Jonah

Philipian2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

God is not a man The idea that he could be describes "an abomination of desolation"

God remains a invisible Spirit that has no beginning or end. Eternal God .

Corrupted dying flesh and blood could enter the new order.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It’s not the flesh of the Son of man that was resurrected but the dying spirit under the law.

Jesus the chief apostle/ prophet said of his own flesh. . it profits for zero nothing .Mankind as disciples that were trusting in his temporal dying flesh walked away faith less No faith that could please God, as it is written

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 6: 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

They desired a fleshly God like all the pagan kingdoms of this world .

Jesus is the prophet that all the prophets spoke of is the same prophet that fulfilled the ceremonial shadows pointing to His suffering beforehand and the glory that followed (the veil was rent ) No Jewish King (abomination of desolation) sitting in the holy of holies

A person cannot separate an apostle from a prophet it’s all one thing .

It’s what prophets sent by God do. Prophecy declare the will of God. Jesus the prophet prophesied “Not my will but you the one who sends apostles .How beautiful are their feet.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Acts 3: 22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, (Jesus) like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

Whatsoever he shall say unto you.(the words the father puts on the son of Man Jesus' lips ).
You like to refer to Jesus as a prophet because all of the prophets were men that had been born after Adam. Jesus was not born after Adam he was born of God, Matthew 1:23.

Which one of the prophets was resurrected from the dead and ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords?" Revelation 19:16.

You like to refer to Jesus as a prophet because all of the prophets were men that had been born after Adam. Jesus was not born after Adam he was born of God, Matthew 1:23.

Which one of the prophets was resurrected from the dead and ascended into heaven and now sits at the right hand of God as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords?" Revelation 19:16.

His name was writen in the Lambs book of life from the foundation. The six days the father did work . He was born of woman in the fullness of time not one day before or after .

Galatians 4:3-5King James VersionEven so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons

That the freed womanis the bride of Christ the mother of us all .

Galatians 4:22-25 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Jesus was born of a woman, but he was not born after Adam. He did not have a sin nature like we do. Jesus was the new Adam and the representative of the human race. In our name and on our behalf, he defeated sin, death and the devil. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand in God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

“1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 This same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.

4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men.

5. And that light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.”

(John 1:1-5, Geneva Bible)

It doesn’t sound to me like John had in mind a person who was with God and was God in the prologue of his Gospel.

Back