• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

52 week Bible study plan

Greetings MatthewG,

The following is a Bible reading chart that has been used by Christadelphians since the 1860s. This gives a day by day reading containing three readings, two OT and one NT per day. The NT is covered twice in each year. Many members and families in our fellowship are diligent to read the three portions each day, but I read only one of these portions each day and as a result I traverse the Bible every three years. Many of our Sunday Morning speakers base their exhortations on one or more of "The Daily Readings".

Kind regards
Trevor

Okay I didn’t know, I’m not part of any denomination so whatever a person decide to read for themselves it is always good to grow in one’s knowledge of scripture and possibly lead one’s growth in the spirit to have love for God and for others.

Greetings again MatthewG,
so whatever a person decide to read for themselves it is always good to grow in one’s knowledge of scripture
There are most probably many reading plans. Your recommendation has the advantage that it concentrates on one Book of the Bible at a time and this would be a help to understand the flow of thought in some Books. I achieve this to some extent by only reading one third of our Bible Reading Chart each year. The history of our reading plan is that it was compiled by a teenager for his own personal use, and a few requested hand written copies, and it then became popular and needed to be printed.

This year I am reading the NT portion (twice) and last Sunday our reading plan suggests Revelation 12 and 13, but the speaker chose to speak on and had read Monday's reading Revelation 14 as it was more encouraging, speaking about the Lamb on Mount Zion with the faithful, which he connected with the return of Jesus to establish His Kingdom on earth centred in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-4. He also stated that Revelation 14 depicts the sequence of events that will occur after the return of Jesus, and we anticipate the return of Jesus soon.

We also have a hymn based upon Revelation 14:1-3 and this helps in the overall atmosphere of the meeting. I have no musical skills, but I can readily recall the words and tune during the week "See the Lamb upon Mount Zion - With the number of the blest! - See how Judah's conquering Lion - Gives to them his glorious rest! ....". This was written by one of our members, possibly about 1920, but he was able to utilise fairly well known music with a nice tune and strong rhythm. We are fairly traditional and mainly use older style 3-4 stanza hymns and at the moment we only have three piano musicians and the electronic organ is silent. I would appreciate in addition say one violin and one clarinet, but not modern type music with guitars and drums.

Kind regards
Trevor

There are most probably many reading plans. Your recommendation has the advantage that it concentrates on one Book of the Bible at a time and this would be a help to understand the flow of thought in some Books. I achieve this to some extent by only reading one third of our Bible Reading Chart each year. The history of our reading plan is that it was compiled by a teenager for his own personal use, and a few requested hand written copies, and it then became popular and needed to be printed.

This year I am reading the NT portion (twice) and last Sunday our reading plan suggests Revelation 12 and 13, but the speaker chose to speak on and had read Monday's reading Revelation 14 as it was more encouraging, speaking about the Lamb on Mount Zion with the faithful, which he connected with the return of Jesus to establish His Kingdom on earth centred in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-4. He also stated that Revelation 14 depicts the sequence of events that will occur after the return of Jesus, and we anticipate the return of Jesus soon.

We also have a hymn based upon Revelation 14:1-3 and this helps in the overall atmosphere of the meeting. I have no musical skills, but I can readily recall the words and tune during the week "See the Lamb upon Mount Zion - With the number of the blest! - See how Judah's conquering Lion - Gives to them his glorious rest! ....". This was written by one of our members, possibly about 1920, but he was able to utilise fairly well known music with a nice tune and strong rhythm. We are fairly traditional and mainly use older style 3-4 stanza hymns and at the moment we only have three piano musicians and the electronic organ is silent. I would appreciate in addition say one violin and one clarinet, but not modern type music with guitars and drums.

Kind regards
Trevor

Cool, it is always good to sing from our heart no matter where we are at, and praise our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for sharing what you were lead to share sir, You seemed to feel the need to express what was on your mind and heart, and respect that and you as a person who is part of the body of Christ. Keep on having faith, and trusting Yahweh, and his son Yeshua! They are wonderful, Trevor.

Cool, it is always good to sing from our heart no matter where we are at, and praise our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
I appreciate your response and that you like to be inclusive. I may sound nasty at times as I like to address different issues and state what I believe to be correct. We use and sometimes adapt many existing hymns. For example we use the Old Hundredth, but drop the Trinity doxology at the end and replace it with a modified version. One reason why our author CCW wrote the hymn with Revelation 14:1 was that there was no reasonable equivalent to his hymn as it reflects our belief in Jesus soon returning to sit upon the Temple Throne of David in Jerusalem for the 1000 years Isaiah 2:1-4, 6:1. This is contrary to the normal Protestant view of heaven going, and their wrong interpretation of Isaiah 2:1-4 and Revelation 14:1 and your view of universal salvation and multiple heavens like the Mormon belief.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings MatthewG,

The following is a Bible reading chart that has been used by Christadelphians since the 1860s. This gives a day by day reading containing three readings, two OT and one NT per day. The NT is covered twice in each year. Many members and families in our fellowship are diligent to read the three portions each day, but I read only one of these portions each day and as a result I traverse the Bible every three years. Many of our Sunday Morning speakers base their exhortations on one or more of "The Daily Readings".

Kind regards
Trevor

I’m not a Christadelphian but I’ve used this Bible reading plan several times and will continue to use it off and on for the remainder of my life. It’s a very good plan, can be used with any Bible translation, and I’m happy to recommend it.

Every time that I’ve used it I’ve read the three portions each day.

Back